CSC104 SLOG 1 October 6 2017

            I took CSC104 out of curiosity of how currently all our technologies are being programmed and operated. Everything that we use today such as our phone and computer are programmed in a way for our convenience. After completing this course, I hope to understand how the modern computer science and programing works.
            My roommate has taught me some basics in computer programming skills CCIE related and this course is somewhat simiar to CCIE. A code or function or definition is typed into a system and inputting “A” will always result in “B”.
            What I found interesting was that everything on the computer is only based on “1” or “0”. Two simple numbers can code for every single function on a computer.
            I find this course a little bit difficult since it is not like the usual course with pens and papers, everything taught in this course is done on a computer which is unique. The attention to detail in this course is very important since the order of a command is crucial in DR. Racket software, each space bracket and quotation mark can change the way of an outcome. Dr. Racket will notify you with a problem if you inputted a wrong command but does not give you the correct solution to the problem which I find very frustrating. Therefore, overall, I think this course is a lot harder than my expectations.
            I study the quiz by first looking at the notes of at least 2 of the professors posted on the CSC104 website, after understanding the material written by the professor, I then move on to do the Lab Exercise for that week. After correctly answering all lab exercises, then I’m confident enough to go and do the quiz. Currently I only received one of the quiz marks, and I’m pretty satisfied with the result.  

            I am not so sure if photoshop counts as a type of computer science topic. But I think being able to manipulate images to the way you want it in your head is a pretty cool thing. I would like to alternate how images look.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SLOG 3 - CSC104 - COMPLETED DEC. 3.

October 27. Slog 2